Northern Frost

A semi realistic wolf rpg

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Current state of activity IMPORTANT!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Elijah

Elijah

Flakes : 107

Character sheet
Strength :
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue20/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (20/50)
Speed:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue5/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/50)
Stamina:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue5/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/50)

Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty
PostSubject: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:30 am

Its struck me that the Games thread within the forum is far more active than the actual role-play itself which is concerning.

Here is a screenshot of the current state of activity both in the role-play and in the games thread;

Role-play
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Sxyviq

Games Thread
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! 118f32q

If people have the time to spam post within then games, surely they have the time to post within the role-play?

I have spoke about this with both Lupa and Cresent within the chat box;

[12:42:04] @ Elijah : Im thinking of mentioning removing the pack games thread - as its pretty much spam. Those who are active with posting in the games should really be more active posting within roleplay too. Its Liquid time so your character can be in two places at once. Im going to get some open threads up today.
[12:42:39] @ Lupa : Wait it is liquid time?
[12:43:13] @ Elijah :
One
[12:43:19] @ Elijah : Ignore that -_-
[12:43:25] @ Elijah : https://northernfrost.rpg-board.net/t38-liquid-role-play-static-role-play-forums-s
[12:43:46] @ Lupa : I will read in a sec, brb
[12:47:05] @ Lupa : I know where you're coming from with the games thread but sometimes people have time to check back into the site but not to post, or they have no one to respond to. It is difficult to try and reason with it but I do see your point. At least the games thread keeps everyone active, no?
[12:47:22] @ Lupa : Sorry, typing with one hand
[12:47:58] Crescent : hello
[12:48:04] Crescent : just got dinner
[12:48:51] @ Lupa : Welcome back
[12:49:09] @ Elijah : Its not keeping everyone active, spamming the forum is not classed as activity.
[12:49:36] Crescent : thank you
[12:49:37] @ Lupa : It's not really spamming, though.
[12:49:48] @ Elijah : If you cannot reply to a thread, create a new one, and people will join/reply. That's what Liquid time is.
[12:50:01] @ Elijah : Your character can be in two/three places at once - places being Threads.
[12:50:18] @ Elijah : The Kill, Kiss, Marry thread is awful.
[12:50:28] @ Elijah : Your telling me that's not spam?
[12:50:43] Crescent : its a game
[12:50:48] @ Lupa : irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to large numbers of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.// I don't believe so...
[12:51:07] @ Elijah : That's not what I mean
[12:51:30] @ Elijah : Its just my opinion.
[12:51:44] @ Lupa : Thank you for explaining liquid time.
[12:51:44] @ Elijah : Kill, Kiss, Marry started off as a game
[12:51:54] @ Elijah : Then it went to random silly things.

[12:51:58] @ Lupa : And got silly, I know.
[12:52:21] Crescent : peole are just messing around and having fun
[12:52:27] Crescent : people*
[12:52:52] @ Elijah : There is more posts/replies in the games section than there is in the actual role-play, which is why the pack is moving so slowly.
[12:53:09] @ Elijah : That's not concerning?
[12:53:10] @ Lupa : Elijah has a point though, the roleplay is way to slow

[12:53:49] Crescent : yah
[12:54:03] @ Lupa : In most packs it is the same. I suggest an announcement/meeting as a pack explaining this/
[12:54:06] @ Elijah : And with posting so much within the games thread - members take advantage of the points system which was implimented to boost activity within roleplay - not the games thread.
[12:54:07] @ Lupa : ?*
[12:54:27] Crescent : but not every one is on at the sametime
[12:54:39] @ Elijah : Thats why we implimented Liquid Time
[12:55:00] @ Elijah : You dont need to be on for a discussion - you reply and state your opinions when you have the time.

If you wish to know more about what Liquid time is, please direct yourself to the following thread. There is an explanation here.

If this continues, the only option we as staff members will have is to remove the games thread completely. I understand its for fun, but not when games are more active than the role-play itself. If you need to EFA because you cannot post please let a staff member know and we will stick you on the EFA list - It has been implemented but we have yet to post the thread.

Top Posters and Awards OP
With the spam of the current games thread, I feel awards for current top posters should be paused for now, because as a staff member i refuse to give out awards to members who only post within the games thread. Its not showing me how active you are, because none of it is role-play related.

OP = Own Opinion

Staff Board
Lloyd has mentioned this, so I'm going to go ahead with it and get that created today for staff members to discuss events, plotting and competitions.

Open Threads
There are two open threads at the moment, I want more! Open threads allow for character progression/development with other character that you have or have not met yet, There is a message underneath the widget explaining how you go about adding Open Threads to it. Lets get more Open Threads, and get this activity flowing - within the Role-play not the Games Thread. If you want specific members to join your Open Threads, Tag them in either the post itself of the Thread Title - And get discussing possible threads with others in the chatbox, its what its there for!

Plotters and Trackers
Another thing that concerns me is ignorance of the Plot board. Its there for you as a member - to discuss potential plots and to seek members who are interested in plotting/role-playing with you. Some will be WIP's but they will no doubt be finished soon. Use these things as they are there to help you with character development.

More to come...

Last edited by Elijah on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lupa

Lupa

Flakes : 124

Character sheet
Strength :
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue26/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (26/50)
Speed:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue11/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (11/50)
Stamina:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue13/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (13/50)

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:52 am

I do personally agree with you, Elijah. The Games board has become to active against the Roleplay and the top posters are no longer based on Roleplay.

As a suggestion, maybe the games boards should be locked for a period of time to try and get people to stop posting there for a while if Cherokee agress its a good idea?

For the Plotters, I am still slightly confused on how to use said board, if you get time could you PM me more information or post it here depending on what you prefer.
Back to top Go down
Elijah

Elijah

Character sheet
Strength :
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue20/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (20/50)
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:57 am

Plotters and Trackers are pretty self explanatory, I'll use mine as an example. Have a look here. What I have done with Elijah is basically pinpointed exactly how easily it is to attain his friendship/love and hatred - being enemies. That's the basics of a Plotter.

Tracking is slightly different - all your doing is keeping track of current threads that your character/s have participated in. And whether they are completed/in progress or dead. I have also mentioned the names of those who are participating within current threads Eli is in.

Completed: Thread is completed
In Progress: Pretty much its ongoing, and awaiting completion.
Dead: Dead threads are basically the inactive ones.

Another thing to take not of is, I have mentioned Current Relationships on Elijah's part but notice how there are only Cher and Lloyd mentioned? This is because Elijah has not met any of the other members wolves as of right now, so he cannot determine how he feels about them/ how much he trusts them and how much of his affection they have.

Last edited by Elijah on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lupa

Lupa

Character sheet
Strength :
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue26/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (26/50)
Speed:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue11/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (11/50)
Stamina:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue13/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (13/50)

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:59 am

Ah, thank you for the explanation. I shall go ahead and make one then.
Back to top Go down
Azrael

Azrael

Flakes : 168

Character sheet
Strength :
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue23/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (23/50)
Speed:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue15/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (15/50)
Stamina:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue15/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (15/50)

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:06 am

I honestly hadn't thought that liquid roleplaying had been confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Elijah

Elijah

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:07 am

It had been confirmed - shortly after I wrote the suggestion. You know now at least!

Last edited by Elijah on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Elysia

Flakes : 317

Character sheet
Strength :
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue6/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (6/50)
Speed:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue8/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (8/50)
Stamina:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue10/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/50)

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:36 pm

The games are a lot more active then the rp itself... but I don't know bout getting rid of it completely. Perhaps we could make a rule were two other people have to post after your last post in the games.

ex: person 1
person 2
person 3
person 1

instead of it always being like
person 1
person 2
person 1

I think that may slow it down a bit and people may concentrate on the rp more...

And I am sorry for my lack of activity lately, I just have higher priorities then rp at the time. My activity should pick back up again soon.
Back to top Go down
http://meowicorn.deviantart.com/
Elijah

Elijah

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:38 pm

The game topics Count to.. and Kill,Kiss, Marry have been locked for now. They will re-open when activity picks up within the roleplay? But for now do you mind them being locked?

Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Elysia

Character sheet
Strength :
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue6/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (6/50)
Speed:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue8/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (8/50)
Stamina:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue10/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/50)

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:41 pm

I don't really care if other people agree they should be locked...
Back to top Go down
Elijah

Elijah

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:43 pm

I don't follow? Should be or shouldn't be? Its only temporary but if you don't want them locked I can unlock them? Your the boss after all. I'm only doing my job as a mod.

Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Elysia

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:08 pm

They can stay locked for now.
Back to top Go down
Azrael

Azrael

Character sheet
Strength :
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue23/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (23/50)
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:56 pm

In a way, I think that you Elijah, are taking this site far too seriously... People were only having fun on the games thread, awaiting others to reply. I agree with Cherokee in waiting for others to post first but it's the fact that you are calling off all the things that people are working towards.

I find that this site is become more about "I WANT TO BE ADMIN" then the actual roleplay. I might just leave this site and find another due to the obscure amount of lines stopping people from doing things. Roleplay is about someone's imagination, games are about having fun. You can't stop people from not doing that. I disagree with most of your ideas but a few I can stick with. I just hope you know that you may lose members over the amount of boundaries you are placing.
Back to top Go down
Elijah

Elijah

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:26 pm

Its not about who wants to be an admin Azrael, its about maintaining activity within the role-play not the damn games threads - most of which are one lined posts/replies. Not only is this cluttering the forum, its also taking advantage of the points system.

It does not concern you that the games thread is more fast moving/flowing than the actual role-play itself? If you want to leave go ahead - no one is stopping you. But don't try to turn my suggestions and concerns into something they are not. I am fully aware that people want to have fun, but at the same time pack members are stuck in one place and role-play is not moving at a reasonable pace. What exactly am I calling off? Other than the games thread?

I have given helpful information about how you as members can continue character growth, not to play silly games on the forum. I dislike the whole idea myself if truth be told, but its not my place to say it. I put up with the games thread, because I enjoy the pack.

If all you want to do here is post silly replies in the games threads then perhaps wolf role-play is not for you. Here at Northern Frost we aim to thrive - and we don't thrive of less activity we thrive off character development. I have given out plenty of useful information in order for members to do that. Also its doubtful we will lose members over temporary locking the games threads Azrael, Its not a permanent thing and as you can see, I consulted Cherokee after locking the threads to get the all ok.

This whole thread is not just based off of my own opinion. I'm rather insulted by what you have mentioned/stated.

Back to top Go down
Lupa

Lupa

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 5:06 am

I do have a suggestion for when the Games reopen.

If you up the amount of flakes earned per RP posts and per RP topic creation and in areas that are more "relevant" to the pack's activity and lower the ones or completely remove them from the games thread, this way people will not use said threads as a means of gaining points - which I doubt was being done anyway.

_-------------_

I can understand Azrael's concern personally, some people do also enjoy some fun - especially our younger users - but locking the games thread for a short period of time, just to get the Roleplay kickstarted is a good idea, so people know why they are here.

Cherokee has confirmed it to be put in place for now, therefore nobody can go against that will. I don't see that the games threads should permanently be locked or that they will be, the threads should be unlocked once people begin to start roleplaying from what I'm getting from this thread.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd

Lloyd

Flakes : 468

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue7/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (7/50)
Stamina:
Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Left_bar_bleue3/50Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty_bar_bleue  (3/50)

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:19 am

This is just an option, but what do you guys think about taking away the Flakes from the Games board? Like Eli mentioned people actually are taking advantage of posting on the Games to gain more Flakes. Whether they notice or not. So this is a possible idea that we just remove the flakes from that board? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulcreaturesv2.forumotion.com/
Lupa

Lupa

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:36 am

@Lloyd, this is what I tried to suggest in my above post - I think it would be a good idea to do.
Back to top Go down
Azrael

Azrael

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:34 pm

I agree with Lupa and Lloyd, you can't just shut off something people lime doing because of 'over activity' and 'flakes'. If you don't like the idea of people taking advantage of the points system, either get rid of it or lower it in certain forums on the site.
Back to top Go down
Elijah

Elijah

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:51 pm

Your posts are seemingly aggressive towards things that have been briefly mentioned - Your stating that threads cannot be locked because of them being over active. How about this? Lets stop the overall award system for the top posters? Because If I'm not mistaken, the top posters currently are the only ones who are highly active within the games thread?

Your a hypocrite for stating that the points system Isn't being taken advantage of, have you seen your stats? You only gained those from being 'over active' within the games thread due to the awards of flakes you attained when posting those one lined replies? Its funny - I very rarely post within the games thread because I dislike it and class it as spam. And that's my own opinion, which I have also mentioned. The games thread will stay locked until further notice from Cherokee on the matter. And to be quite frank I will happily remove the points gained for within the games category on the forum - but this does not stop the high posting count coming from the games thread itself. Double check the monthly rankings for top posters, your the top poster Azrael and with... 127 posts this month alone! Most of which is not role-play related?

The majority of you joined Northern Frost because it was advertised as a [Role-playing forum] Not a 'who can spam the games thread the most' forum. I can understand if you don't have muse,but excessively posting pointless replies in the games thread - This does not develop characters and the role-play, People complain about how slowly forums are, and how snail paced the role-play is.

Its liquid time - you have the option to create threads and post - not stick around and wait for others to post in order for you to reply. Your saying I'm taking the role-play too seriously, well you yourself are taking the possible removal and temporary locking of said games threads too seriously.

Back to top Go down
Azrael

Azrael

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:16 am

Might I say Elijah, person saying that they want the roleplay active, you're being hypocritical. You've posted what? 4 times in a spread of many a thread (twice being in beta to beta) of the roleplay area where as me? I've posted 6 times in one thread then another 2 times in a new thread. Don't point my stats out, the games thread has only ever done so little. My points come from suggestions, member rankings and role playing. Let's not pretend that all my point come from these spam threads.

As for me taking that forum being closed too seriously, I'm actually trying to think of other people who also participated in that thread. Gosh, you'd think we'd done a crime in enjoying it whilst it lasted. My main stand is that you can't put a load of barriers down and not expected some members to leave or never join. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't restrain people from doing things that they like before it it coils up enough, ready to hit you. I do have right to my personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lupa

Lupa

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:25 am

Okay that's enough you two.

Both of you are entitled to your own opinion, I see exactly where you are coming from Azrael but I also do with Elijah.

Azrael's main body of points has in fact not come from the games thread - the temporary locking I agree with so please let it go.

I suggest after this you either remove the gaining points from the games or you lower it.

If this continues I shall lock the thread, it is not nice to see two people argue over the matter.
Back to top Go down
Elijah

Elijah

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:39 am

I work full time, and as stated before I dislike cluttered threads during role-playing, which Is why I avoided the first thread made. Thing is this was never an argument, You made it into something its not, so Congrats. I'm not putting up any barriers, so stop with that rubbish, All I have done is lock the games threads. That's one damn forum, Your not limited to doing one thing which is role-play.

Points/Flakes come from posts. Understand that, and cluttering games threads = more points, of which I have now removed completely from the games thread. I'm not unlocking the thread yet - not until further notice from Cherokee. And with reopening them it means removing the awards for top posters because as you can quite clearly see, that has very much been taken advantage of.

Your the one who has prolonged this much needed discussion, and yes you can state your opinion. But don't be so damn bias with me. If you don't like the threads stop posting in them, you have already stated how you feel about the whole situation. Leave it at that.

Back to top Go down
Lupa

Lupa

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:25 am

Elijah, I am going to have to ask you to stop. Please do not let this continue on.
Back to top Go down
Elijah

Elijah

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:30 am

Thread Locked due to directing off topic.
Back to top Go down
Elysia
Admin
Elysia

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 1:41 pm

I will be taking the flakes off of the games board, as well as getting rid of the top poster rewards. I will also be unlocking the games thread now.

I am taking this thread off of global announcements, because hopefully this will resolve the conflict.
Back to top Go down
Lupa

Lupa

Character sheet
Strength :
Speed:
Stamina:

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! EmptySun Oct 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Okay, wonderful, Cherokee. Glad to see things resolved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Current state of activity IMPORTANT!   Current state of activity IMPORTANT! Empty

Back to top Go down

Current state of activity IMPORTANT!
Page 1 of 1